ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Monday, May 24, 2010

I need to hit a few things from this week such as that series finale from last night before I post my 2009-2010 television season in review.

- The Lost finale was good. Really good even. I had a few problems with it though.
  • The network didn’t do the show any favors with the way they scheduled the commercials. The episode never seemed to build any real momentum because the breaks seemed to come every seven minutes. Look I know this was you’re night to cash in but I would have preferred fewer even if longer breaks.
  • I felt like there was an argument between ABC and the writers. The writers kept arguing “we really need three hours to do this right” “look we gave you an extra 30 minutes you can’t have anymore, the affiliates won’t let us push the news back anymore” “fine, ok guys let’s go with the 15 minute white light wrap up”
  • I’m glad I was able to get through the series and catch up in a few weeks to see the final four episodes live.
  • I’m equally glad I didn’t watch it from the beginning. The long layoffs between fall and spring probably would have driven me away.

- If you’re a Friday Night Lights fan be sure to catch Friday’s episode. Zach Gilford who plays Matt Saracen is tremendous.

- Perfect episode on Breaking Bad, At some point, now that he's in remission, we had to see the toll Walt's choices are taking on his conscience.

- I’m not a casting director but Owen Wilson is terrible choice to voice Marmaduke.

- RIP Lima Time – Great Lima memorial show today on 1560 by John & Lance

- Finally saw Avatar. Meh. It looked good but I thought the story was better when it was called Dances with Wolves. I gave it 3 stars but that was mostly because I figure something has to be at least 3 stars for me to sit through it for 2.5+ hours. This is another instance when Netflix really needs half star ratings.

- The ratio of Stanley Cup playoff games to NBA playoff games I’ve watched this year is somewhere around 15 to 0

- Just 4 more days til school is out and I start earning my money as a stay at home dad.

- I found out the hard way if you want to blow up your email, post something in the free section of craigslist. The vultures are always circling.


Netflix this week
Avatar - ★★★
Another State of Mind - ★★★★
We Are Wizards - ★★★
The Messenger - ★★★

Books
Falconer by John Cheever

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the finale of LOST as well. There are many haters out there, but I think it was pure to the intention of the show...I did ball like a little baby, I am six months pregnant I get to do that. Watching it from the beginning I felt was more rewarding to me because the wait made it even more exciting. I also liked being able to go back and watch the first episodes and see them through "enlightened" eyes. As for the commercials, DVR is my friend. I really don't watch anything live, I wait enough time where I can pass all that nonsense.

    ReplyDelete