ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stringer Bell would be proud

Years ago, whenever you drove by a car wash, what was the first thing that came to mind? Drug money front, right? Well, I'm pretty sure those sly kingpins have moved on from such a transparent money laundering scheme (except maybe Walter White) and moved on to new ventures. That's right postal shops.

Laundering drug money is the only possible reason why there are so many of these places. I've shipped something through one of these places once. I needed to ship something I sold on eBay and I didn't have any packing supplies. I stopped in one of these places thinking "oh this will be quick and easy." Before I left I had spent more on packing and shipping than I had sold the item for. Really? A small box, couple of packing peanuts and some tape for $7. No Thanks. Not Again.



So, if I was left with such a miserable taste in my mouth from this one experience, how can there be enough return business to support all these places? There's a 2.5 mile stretch on Louetta out here in Cypress that has 6 postal service businesses. Yeah you read that right 6. That doesn't even count the 3 post offices that are easily accessible from those locations.

Maybe, I'm paranoid but I've seen The Wire. I've seen Stringer Bell working the counter at his copy shop. His copy shop which by the way had postal services. You can believe what you want. Keep turning a blind eye to what's going on in our community but as for me, I'm gonna see if I can get Lester Freamon to start chasing the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment