ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Hitters

I'm gonna fire out a few thoughts I've had this week. They're pretty football centric but I've got a little something for everyone.

Holy Shit! that fish talks
- My daughter was watching the Style network the other day and I was absolutely floored when I saw not only had they taught this fish to talk but it could also host its own show.

- I barely care about preseason football. They haven't invented instruments to measure the level of care I have for the last preseason game. Let's just say it's hanging out with preseason basketball and someone else's ingrown toenail.

- I just read a story on Jennifer Grey finding cancerous lump because of her DWTS physical check up. The most shocking part of the story was finding out the she is 50 years old. Holy Shit! How old am I?

- The college football season started tonight. God we live in a great country.

- Further proof that I'm morphing into a girl, I actually debated with myself whether or not to turn on Project Runway during the Pitt/Utah game.  I will now go remove my tampon.


- Shouldn't Bristol Palin be going to college or something? Isn't that what young republicans are supposed to do? Go to college, drink a ton, do lots of cocaine and manipulate their classmates into do their homework.









- I'm trying to not gamble on football this season. It's not a moral decision or a financial one. Just an experiment to test my level of enjoyment I get from football alone.




- I love Jenn Brown.

- I hate Dr. Lou.

- I've had 5 fantasy football drafts so far and somehow I've only overlapped 3 players.

- If you love football then do yourself a favor and send an email to sidelineview@gmail.com. Lance Zierlein and John Harris put out one of the best football (pro and college) newsletters around. There's a nominal fee for the year but it's worth it. They're sending out a free 230 page College and NFL Preview magazine.

- My national champion pick this year: Texas. Of course, the Longhorns have been my pick to win it all 30 years running.

- Eff You Top Chef. Tiffany has been the most consistent contestant this season and she gets the boot the episode before Singapore. FU.

- Busy fall concert season coming up. I had to decide which shows I want to get out to see. Looks like I've got it down to 4. Drive by Truckers in Sept, Chris Isaak in Oct, Bob Schneider in Nov, Social Distortion in Nov. I wanted to add the Old 97's in Oct but I've seen them a ton of times and just couldn't fit them in. If you've never seen them though you should definitely check them out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment