ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

American Idol Top 11 Compete Again - 3/30/11

I'm already deducting points from this performance show because Randy's not wearing a cardigan.

Ryan do you think people are still buzzing about last week because you keep talking about last week?

Holy Shit Haley just went complete spazz.

I love Elton John but this could be brutal for some of these contestants.

Time to fast forward through fashion photo shoot piece. If you don't have enough material to fill 2 hours then cut it down to 90 minutes. Please.

I'm predicting Scotty will sound exactly like he hast every other week. The verses are the same terrible country crash test dummies impersonation we hear every week but I thought the chorus was real nice. I just need more steel guitar.

Jennifer just recited a Paula Abdul speech from 2005.

Great Naima is up. Maybe they'll follow it up with a trailer for Arthur and bring home the suck trifecta. If you're not doing an Elton John song before 1977 then you're screwing yourself. Reggae songs should only be about smoking dope and fighting the man. This doesn't qualify and her bad faux reggae accent, whoa. I'm not mad though. I've been pulling for her ouster since the wild card round.

Note to contestants: if Jennifer starts with "I love you" or Randy "Dawg I like you" they thought you sucked.

Paul broke out the Nudie suit again tonight so that's a point in his favor. He giving the opposite performance that Scotty did nice on the verse poor on chorus. He doesn't have enough power in his voice to pull off Rocket Man. He would have been better with off with something like Your Song. Rod Stewart had an unplugged hit with it so it should be in his wheelhouse.

Paul is the only person on earth who can make Ryan look like he needs to hit the teeth whitening clinic.

Pia fills out a dress and she sings ballads. That sunset background is by far the cheesiest moment on AI this season. Sounds good but again boring. This reminded me of the Christian concerts I went to back in the 80's.

Here's how you know Jennifer is a natural beauty. She's in her 40's now and doesn't have old lady hands.

I can't watch the setup for Stefano. His cheeseball factor is off the charts. See Elton was a rocker who could belt out a ballad. When these balladeers try to do these songs they just make them too corny. This guy isn't long for this competition.

Howie Mandel. Why?

Lauren looks like a deer in the headlights tonight. She's a complete mess on stage. Country girl curls. Evening dress. She seems uncomfortable on stage, in the dress but her voice is carrying her through tonight.

Just for the record, Randy is wrong. Steven is telling old man jokes. Jennifer is wrong too. Lauren can sing but she may be dumber than a bag of bricks.

I phased out the nicknames last week but I can't get past how much James looks and acts like a monkey. Him being a WWE fan is perfect. I don't care for the kid much but he's had the best performance by far tonight. Here's my honest opinion on James. He's very immature as a performer. If he had a couple of years on the road he would probably mature into a pretty entertaining stage presence. Right now he performs like a teenage boy having sex. He can't believe he's actually there doing it so he rushes to the end without bringing us to satisfaction.

OK if Pia is boring then I'm going to need a different word for Thia. Dull, bland, banal, insipid any of those will work. She'd be in my bottom 3.

Thank God Casey didn't listen to that bozo and shave off the beard. Your Song is an interesting choice here. I guess he felt like he needed to tone it down to get back in the voting graces of America. He's killing it in a very understated way. Now that was the best performance of the night. If America sends him home again this week then the terrorists have truly won.

One of the only times Randy has been spot on tonight. I'm glad Casey didn't die on stage last week.

Based on the other reviews I've read, I'm one of the only Jacob fans. Screw Jimmy. I like the drama in Jacob's performances. Every great R&B artist has that over dramatic aspect to their persona. The guy knocks it out for me each week. My second favorite performance.

I think I would like this performance by Haley a lot more if I had just listened to it and not watched it. She sounded great but I can't watch her. Her stage performance was uncomfortable at best. BTW the girl needs to cut her hair.

I'm moderately surprised by the overall quality of tonight's performances.

If I were to vote my top 3 would be

1. Casey
2. Jacob
3. James

My bottom 3 would be

1. Thia
2. Naima
3. Paul

I think Thia and Naima deserve to go home but there are 5 contestants I think should be vulnerable tonight the 3 I mentioned plus Scotty and Stefano

4 comments:

  1. Pia is class personified. Not at all boring, just plain dignified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. I'm willing to debate whether or not she's boring. Leave your name next time so I know who I'm talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree about the bottom three EXCEPT for PAUL, he's one of my favs including: Jacob, Hayley, Pia, Casey & James.
    I really dont like Thia or Stefano,SCOTTY, or Naima.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Paul is unique to this competition but I just don't think his voice is strong enough to carry him through. I still think Rocket Man was the wrong Elton John song for him.

    I'm 100% with you on the 4 you don't like. Scotty is going to be hard to oust from the competition because he's got a big voting base.

    ReplyDelete