ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So long You Less Than Perfect Couples

I'm sure everyone is going to be completely heart broken but I'm discontinuing my reviews of Perfect Couples so that I can keep my running diary of the American Idol results show. Honestly, I'd rather keep a running diary of a daily root canal than continue review Perfect Couples. However, I did commit a few months of my life to the show so let's put a bow it's season.

The first thing you need to know is that as a show it alternated between drab and terrible nearly every week. Each episode would open with a promising dilemma facing each couple and how they resolve it, then the real episode would start and everything would fall apart. Since I've seen Kyle Bornheimer, Olivia Munn and Mary Elizabeth Ellis perform well in other projects, I'm going to place the failure of the show squarely on the writing, well the writing and casting. The character's ages were all screwed up based on the flashbacks. Rex was the only character who was firmly developed and consequently was the best character on the show. Olivia Munn was woefully miscast as Leigh. She would have been much more successful in the role of Amy. She needed to be in a role where her natural goofball personal could shine. The straight Stepfordish Leigh was the opposite of goofy and fun.

Overall the show was a terrible failure and unlikely to be picked up. Even if every other production company goes under and NBC has to renew Perfect Couples for next season, I'm done with it.

1 comment:

  1. What am I going to do with myself without your Perfect Couples reviews?!?!?! That's it! My life is over...

    ReplyDelete