ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Recent Dance Moments on TV

This past weekend Saturday Night Live aired perhaps one the finest sketches in recent memory. Their second installment of "Les Juenes de Paris" was a brilliant story told through dance. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love dance and am a sucker for watching great dance. (This is why Dancing with the Stars is excluded. The celebrity just brings down the performance constantly.) So I decided to put together a little compilation of some of my favorite moments in dance from the past few years.

"Les Juenes de Paris" - Saturday Night Live



"Bleeding Love" - So You Think You Can Dance


I just absolutely love the passion and release shown here. Great emotion.

"Tap" - Melinda Sulivan


I have the pleasure of knowing Melinda personally and know just how capable she is. Her early exit from last season's So You Think You Can Dance is not indicative of how great an artist she is. Look forward to more exciting tap dancing from her in the future.

"Quest Crew Finale" - America's Best Dance Crew


The athleticism, originality and musicality of Quest all culminated in this amazing dance.

"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" - So You Think You Can Dance


Great imagination. Good playful dance.

"Freeze (Magic ball illusion dance)" - America's Best Dance Crew


Still can't figure this one out, but dang is it entertaining.

"Ruby Blue (The Robber Dance)" - So You Think You Can Dance


Wade Robson has a unique style and I'm in to it.

"Single Ladies Live"


This is important because it introduced the world to Heather Morris who was tasked with teaching the Glee cast the dance. The results:


Which led to Heather Morris being a full time cast member which gave us THIS:




"Fireflies Solo" - So You Think You Can Dance


Such an inspiring solo it moves Joey Dowling to tears. It also led to his crew appearing later in the season. Also fantastic:

"Remote Kontrol" - So You Think You Can Dance (The dance describes above. Start at 1 minute mark)



"One Step Process" - Barry Stagg


As a reward to those who have engaged me in this post, here's a solo that was choreographed for me at Texas Tech University by Andy Reed. I was an acting major who started dabbling in dance. It's great fun and I wish I could do more of it.

1 comment:

  1. Based upon lack of comments I'm to infer that everyone is speechless at my dancing abilities.

    ReplyDelete