ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Netflix Tuesday - 8/3

First off, no I still haven't seen Inception but I did add it to my Netflix queue. So expect to see what I thought of it about 9 months from now.

I was a pretty slow week on the Netflix front. With the in-laws visiting this past weekend and the kid without a camp to keep her busy, there just wasn't much time to squeeze in 2 glorious hours of escapism.

Anyhow, I did work in 3 discs. 2 movies and disc one of Rollergirls.



Hot Tub Time Machine - See - My initial thought when I first saw the previews for this movie "probably the dumbest movie title ever." Now this movie isn't on the same comedic level as The Hangover but it's worth a watch. There's more than a couple laugh out loud moments as well as a few gags that fall flat. The lead cast is solid with Craig Robinson, Rob Corddry and Clark Duke. Surprisingly, John Cusack does and adequate job of playing John Cusack. He's like the Harlem Globetrotters of playing John Cusack. I still don't know why Lizzy Caplan or her character was in this movie. Overall, a few good laughs and a little T&A make it all right in my book.



Trust the Man - Don't See - This movie is terrible. I mean I have insomnia, it's on the only channel that comes in and I still wouldn't watch this movie again, bad. Look at the timer 15 times to see how much more I have to endure, bad. It had a promising cast of Billy Crudup, Maggie Gyllenhaal (crush), David Duchovny and Julliane Moore (meh). None of them however could overcome the terrible writing. I can't imagine Billy Crudup ever giving a worse performance. The only thing worse than Crudup's performance was the movie's ending. The ending of this movie rocketed into the pantheon of terrible movie endings. It's right up there with A League of their Own. Do Not See This Movie.



Rollergirls - ??? - I can't give an honest opinion on this yet. I've only seen the first 3 episodes. I will say that I am enjoying it so far but I can't tell if the show is good or if it's just my rollergirl fetish.






I'm very excited about this week's movies. I received Kick-Ass in the mail today and A Prophet arrives tomorrow. Thanks Netflix for getting me something at the top of my queue for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment