ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Friday, August 13, 2010

Are you ready for some TV? pt. 2

The baddest man on the planet
A decade or so ago, CBS was the preferred network of anyone over the age of 60. They provided such geriatric pleasers as Murder, She Wrote, JAG, Touched by an Angel, Diagnosis Murder and Walker Texas Ranger. Then in 2000, they came out with a little show called CSI. Now with three franchises, CBS is THE network for the amateur forensic scientist and potential murderers. In fact, up until about a year ago, I thought there were five franchises. Then I noticed two of them were something call NCIS. I assume this is CSI for the functioning dyslexic.

In the ten years of the CSI, I have seen exactly one episode. I was having dinner at a date's house, cheese tortellini. She was a fanatic of the show, so we watched. A few hours later I left her house disappointed. I never saw the girl or CSI again.

This was a long way of telling you I'm not watching any CSI, NCIS or any other show like Criminal Minds, The Mentalist or Medium.

Fall Roster

I hope they have beer on the Island
Survivor - Wed 7c - I've watched Survivor since the beginning. I still remember wishing Rudy would win season 1 by cutting the throats of all the other competitors. Such a let down. These days I usually watch it after it's been recorded so I can fast forward through most of the fluff and watch the challenges and tribal councils. This year I may watch a little more of scheming just to see how Jimmy Johnson does. There's also the question of on which day of not bathing and swimming in the ocean will his hair finally start to lose its shape. My hope is that someone who deserves to win does. That's a rarity on this show.


Veterans Trying to avoid being cut

Big Bang Theory - Thur 7c - This is a new day and time for BBT. This show is still one of the better written 30 minute sitcoms but after three full seasons, I think the joke of two scientists living across the hall from a supposedly hot waitress may have run its course. I'll likely give it an episode or two to prove itself but the odds are against it.

How I Met Your Mother - Mon 7c - I'm still a fan of Jason Segel and Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is good for a laugh or two but I've grown tired of the rest of the cast. If my dad had tried to tell us a story that lasted this long, we would have turned off the DVD and put on MTV after the first episode. During football season MNF rules this time slot so I'm not sure I'll ever find out how Bob Saget met those kids mother.

Rookies Trying to Make it

All the reason you need
Hawaii Five-O - Mon 9c - This show looks to have a lot going for it. By a lot I mean Grace Park as a local surfer who I assume will be running around in a skimpy bikini at some point. Scott Caan and Danial Dae Kim are nice to have on the cast but mostly this trial is about Grace Park.

S#*! My Dad Says - Thur 7:30c - This is based of one of the first great follows I found when I joined Twitter. I'm more than a little skeptical of how it will translate to prime time television though. I would be much more excited about the show, especially with William Shatner on board, if it were on a cable network like FX. Unlike most broadcast networks, they are willing to push the envelope on language and subject manner over there.

As for the rest of the CBS lineup...

I'm not sure what amazes me more. The fact that someone at CBS gave Jim Belushi a show or that they expect anyone to believe he could be a lawyer. Either way, I'm not going to insult your taste by listing the name of the show.

Mike & Molly - A fat, blue collar couple trying to make it through the beginning of their relationship. No thanks, I lived it, I don't need to relive it. And by the way, I'm pretty sure the eight years my ex and I made it is about seven and a half years longer than Mike & Molly will.

Up next FOX or as I like to call it, Joe Buck, Animation and Dead Air....


No comments:

Post a Comment