ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Monday, August 2, 2010

The week that was but I wish wasn't.

Anyone that has followed me on Twitter or Facebook knows the battle I've been having with my swimming pool this summer. The pool and I are in a vicious cycle of hatred and destruction. As soon as I get it swim ready something else goes wrong. A few weeks ago I finally had everything perfect and we actually got some good swimming in. Then the rains came and effed the levels up again. Early last week, I shocked the pool and left the pump running over night as directed. The next morning, I noticed the pool didn't look any better except for the small area where I had put the shock. I check out the equipment and find there's something wrong with the pump. Of course there is. Advantage pool gremlins.

Two days ago, Cash got his hands on Audrey's laptop and started pulling keyboard keys off of it. Advantage 16 mos old gremlin.

This weekend, My in-laws came to stay a couple of days. Now, I like my in-laws well enough but no matter how much you like your in-laws, no one looks forward to having them stay with you. This visit ended being nice and pleasant though. The kids love playing with their Grammy and I love when they have a distraction from their daily routine of destroying me and the house. I also got this little nugget of comedy gold. D was trying to help her mom install some software on her dad's computer. D tells her mom to google where to get the software. Her mom's reply "I can't he doesn't have google installed on his computer." Getting old is a bitch. Advantage Me.

Then at about 9 o'clock last night, our A/C stopped cooling. I got the joy of a sleeping in the comfort of a humid 85 degree house only to be slightly cooled off by the puddle of sweat I woke up in. The A/C repair guy showed up about 10:30 this morning. After looking at the system for a few minutes he comes in to tell me my flux capacitor is rusted out. At this point, I'm starting to freak out a bit. I don't know how much a flux capacitor costs but I do know that Doc Brown had to use Uranium or Plutonium to power his. This is not good. The A/C is back up and running now but it was quite a frightful morning. Advantage comfort gremlins.

No comments:

Post a Comment