ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Are you ready for some TV?

The NFL's preseason started tonight so I thought it was time I finally got off my butt and started my own preseason camp. It's time to get the DVR ready for the fall season. Just like an NFL team I've got more shows on the roster in the preseason than I can take into the regular season. I've got my sure fire starters, my solid pros, the vets that slipped last season and need to win a their job back and I've got the rookies looking to push these slipping vets right off the depth chart.

I'm going to run through the schedule network by network. Why? Well it's my blog and I can do whatever the hell I want with it. On that note, ABC seems like the most logical place to start.

Fall Roster

Modern Family - Wed 8c - Last year Modern Family narrowly edged Community for Rookie of the Year honors. They come back this season ready to anchor Wednesday night. It was a can't miss last year and we expect nothing less from Phil, Cam and company this season. If Fisbo happens to make another appearance, all the better.

Grey's Anatomy - Thurs 8c - Ok this was the other reason I wanted start with ABC. I wanted to just go ahead and get this out of way. Yes, I watch Grey's Anatomy. I'm not particularly proud of it but I've watched it since it's first episode and have found it very hard to stop. There now you know. As far as the show goes, it has been slipping for some time now. Grey's has spent the past two seasons tip toeing the cut line, only to escape each time. The show made three adjustments that has kept it on my active roster. Getting rid of George was a great first step in redeeming the show. Letting Izzy walk was another great move. Those two moves alone probably keep them on the roster another season or two but just to make sure they added Kevin McKidd to the cast.  I'm not going to lie, I have a big man crush on the guy formerly known as Lucious Vorenus. Now if they let Meredith die in some horrible fashion they may be in for Pro Bowl contention.

Saturday Night College Football - Sat 7c - Yes please, may I have some more. I'm not going to be DVRing the games but I'll definitely be watching them.

Veterans Trying to avoid being cut

There are no veterans fighting for a spot from ABC.  ABC's program is down from it's heyday and is no longer producing a lot of top talent.  

Rookies Trying to Make it

No Ordinary Family - Tues 7c - Lot's of people are suckers for any kind of superhero show and I'm no different. It will good to see Vic Mackey uh I mean Michael Chiklis make a run at being a good guy again. Superheros, Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz that's enough to earn it at least a few episodes try out on this team. 

The rest of ABC is pretty much garbage

DWTS - No thank you, I don't think I've watched a dance show since Solid Gold and Dance Fever were tearing up the airwaves when I was a kid. Besides, if I really need my Cheryl Burke fix, I can just go the the Internet and download pictures while watching Sunny reruns.

Americas Funniest Hove Videos - Really? The fact that this show is still on may be the best argument for the Taliban in their fight against westernization.

No comments:

Post a Comment