ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Monday, February 28, 2011

Californication "Lights, Camera, A**hole" Review



I'm gonna make this short. There was almost nothing redeeming about tonight's episode whatsoever. It's Californication though, so you have to expect that from time to time.

Hank spent 80% of the episode fucking either Sasha or her mother. This should not surprise you. That's just how Hank Moody rolls. What should surprise everyone is his reaction to discovering Becca's burgeoning problem with drugs and alcohol. He appeared to be saddened but what bothered me is that his concern was far greater when Mia was getting strung out on drugs than he is for Becca. You know his kid that he claims is his only reason for living. I'm not going to tell you Hank's ever been a respectable character but he was at least partially grounded by Becca.

Are we seeing the season in which Hank completely breaks loose of his tether? Maybe the writers want to take Hank into the Charlie Sheen stratosphere of debauchery and selfishness. I can't argue against it being entertaining. I do wonder if they don't start reeling Hank in a bit if viewers will begin to lose the last bits of connection to Hank as he loses the his last tattered shreds of humanity.

Other thoughts:
  • I believe I called Stu thinking Marcy's baby is his weeks ago. Very predictable.
  • The only humor in the episode was Runkle's sex scene with the realtor. 
  • I still haven't figured out why that scene was even written into the script.
  • I didn't miss Karen at all.
  • I did miss Zoe Kravitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment