ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Glee - "Silly Love Songs" Review

“Sometimes you have to choose between love and talent. And as far as I’m concerned, we all need to fly solo for a while.” -Mercedes

Welcome back Glee! Relievers in baseball always talk about looking forward to avenging a bad loss the next day, but starters have to wait a whole five days. Glee was lucky it only had a two day turnaround from that less than stellar showing after the Super Bowl. This week Glee got back to the core of its show: The students story and relationships told through songs that add depth and meaning. Sue Sylvester and Emma Pillsbury did not appear in this show one time and Will Schuster was only present because he facilitates the class. This proves that students drive this show.

Glee really chose to focus on new cast members this weekend giving both Lauren, Puck’s new plus sized obsession, and Blaine, the smoothing singing apple of Kurt’s eye. I can’t say I’m overly interested in either of them directly, but because I care about Puck and Kurt, I’m curious how these relationships play out. Their introductions are similar to Sam’s. I didn’t particularly care about him at first, but he carved out a nice niche for himself as Quinn’s girlfriend(for now) and to a certain extent Finn’s foil.

The story of Finn and Rachel still seems like the central part of the show. So it was nice to see them develop this a bit more this week. Here we learn that Quinn and Finn still have feelings for each other and they act on it by making out in the auditorium after school. I wonder if Santana hadn’t infected them with mono, if they would have backtracked so quickly? We also see that Rachel is not over Finn and to a certain extent, Finn not being over Rachel. I always love it when Rachel comes across as a normal person. Too often lately she has become a type of caricature and so ridiculous and over the top that she’s unlikable. Not this week. Rachel delivered a fantastic rendition of Katy Perry’s “Firework” filled with a lot emotion and release. Her version was better than Katy Perry’s and it got me to wondering if any artists are afraid of being overshadowed by their covers? I’m guessing it can only help it out, but it’s just a thought. I think we’re in for an emotional ride between these three. Quinn asks Finn if he can love two people at once and he says that he can. I guess we’ll find out!

Other Thoughts:

-Mike Chang really is a great dancer, if you haven’t checked him out in The LXD, you should.
-I was particularly interested in Mercedes speech about becoming a star while you’re single. Looks like my career is about to take off!
-Would a kissing booth be sanctioned by a high school? I say for the exact reason that it was used by Santana. She kissed Finn and gave him mono who then gave it to Quinn. Unless Quinn was the last girl he kissed, a lot more people would have it.
-Would the Warblers really break 90 years of tradition just to satisfy the whim of Blaine and his school boy crush? Doubt it.
-There’s no way Jeremiah would get fired for a kid singing to him in Gap. But Jeremiah didn’t seem too upset about it, so I won;t be either.

Britney line of the night: “That’s my man and his legs don’t work!”

Kurt line of the night: “So it’s just like When Harry Met Sally, but I get to play Meg Ryan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment