ApeDonkey

301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.apedonkey.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Modern Family "Princess Party" Review

"The truth is little guy, I am rich but not with money. I've got my abs. I've got my hair and I've got a super sweet job driving that limo outside." Bobby Sullivan

It's time for Lilly's birthday party and all the crazies in the Pritchett clan are coming out to play. Claire and Mitchell's mom, Jay's ex, Dede, played by Shelly Long, is coming to town for the party and she has a way of bringing out the worst in everyone. Modern Family always works best when they bring out their worst.

Dede shows up at Phil and Claire's house with Claire's old high school boyfriend, Bobby Sullivan in tow. Bobby is played by the excellent Matt Dillon. Dede always looking to get something neglected to tell Bobby that Claire was married when she invited him to dinner.

There's some pretty funny quien mas macho? banter between Phil and Bobby before and after dinner but the real comedy is going on at Mitchell and Cam's house. Cam is upset because Mitchell didn't invite his alter ego Fizbo to entertain at Lilly's party. Instead hiring a princess to entertain. I thought court jester Fizbo was genius. I would have hired him on the spot.

You know it's a good party when Gloria shows up whacked on Xanax and tequila. Cam is gold tricking the princess to break character. Then berating her with a story about being lit on fire and still making balloon animals as he was being loaded into the ambulance. The party really gets going when Dede shows up with Bobby leading to a great line by Claire. "You win. I'm screaming at a princess party, Mom."

Modern Family continued their comeback from a sub par first half of the season with another solid episode tonight. On a night when Phil doesn't have the biggest part it's imperative to get a performance like this out of Cam. Although Phil was classic Phil exclaiming "I've got Gloria. I've got Gloria" as Gloria and Dede were rolling around on the ground fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment